List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: While were making controversial suggestions... ;)
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2000-04-28 20:03:47

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 12:11:02PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> Matthias Elter wrote:
> > > Laptop should have a smaller size grip (like the size of
> > > MondernSystem) and should allow you to resize the window on all of
> > > the edges, not just the top and right side.
> >
> > Laptop is perfect for small/bad displays liek laptop screens. It's
> > not designed to be a KDE default style.
>
> Er.. none of the styles were designed to be the KDE default.  The
> stated design goal of Laptop is to be useful for laptops.. but I don't
> see how this makes it inappropriate for larger screens.  I think it's
> a very nice style no matter what screen it's used on.

You did for example (if I remember correct) criticize the large resize handle on the \
lower right. The handle is designed for laptop screens not on standard screens. What \
I want to say is the laptop style is designed for a special target and therefore is \
not really a good default. You can of course make a laptop derived style the default. \
;-)

--
Matthias Elter
elter@kde.org