List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Mac-menu is _not_ faster
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-28 16:40:29

Well, I can point out tons of reasons why it's good that has been
documented by UI experts (like no targeting time to move the mouse at an
arbitary position on the screen due to window positioning, it always
being on an edge so it only being a flick of the mouse, etc...), users
seem to prefer the Mac to Windows UI and it is one of it's most visible
features, and both UI designers and critics love it. Most of the
arguments against it here seem to be "I just don't like it", which is
rather unusual ;-)

Anyways, we are all just debating theory now. I'm the main advocate of
it here it seems and I agree it shouldn't be default due to
interoperability issues with other toolkits. But mac menus are easier to
use and cooler than sliced bread, so it must be very easy to select and
configure it :)