List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: "Mac" menubar as default
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       2000-04-28 7:52:10

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, mosfet wrote:

> What I would really like myself and others have already discussed, a way
> for people to choose an interface style that sets all the configuration
> settings to some default for the UI style. So you would just have
> radiobuttons for something like "Platinum", "Next", "System", "Default",
> "CDE", "Windows", etc... and it would change widget styles, icon modes,
> kicker, KWin, etc... Then we can run it when KDE first runs. This goes
> back to my saying we need more of a theme manager type interface as the
> default UI for configuration. People can do more extensive configuration
> later."

The suggestion about the "lifetime decision" dialog (wizzard) that has
been made earlier should be considered.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel:  +264 - 61 - 249249
P.O.Box 30955                                    Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Windhoek                                                      uwe@kde.org
Republic of Namibia                                    http://www.kde.org