List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: "Mac" menubar as default
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-04-27 23:50:17

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 11:35:58PM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:

Hiya,

> * The apps that aren't based on the KDE libraries that are in widespread
>   use (used by the most people) include Netscape Navigator and The Gimp.
>   Konqueror makes NN obsolete. The Gimp doesn't put the menubar at the
>   top of a window.

Add Xemacs, xfig, lyx and any wine-app. Hmm, concerning the lyx, does
it work with KDE1 and KDE2 applications? I.e. would klyx (kde1) put the
menubar on top as well?

I tried it out for a while, but it's _really_ ennerving that some apps
(e.g. netscape) always cover the menubar when started. It's not fun to
always move new netscapes windows away so that they don't cover the
menubar.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--