List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: "Mac" menubar as default
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2000-04-26 20:16:15

David Faure wrote:

[ ... ]

> > > So... I looked in kcontrol and much to my surprise, that setting is
> > > hidden under "Look & Feel/Themes/Style" !! I know this is a
> > > historical reason (style used to be much more general) but I think
> > > we should move it now ;-) It has nothing to do with themes nor
> > > styles IMHO, but only with... menubars :) Since we have options for
> > > toolbars, in fact, both of those could go into a "*bar" dialog.
> > > TODO: find a better name ;-)
> >
> > Sure :-)
>
> That's not a good name :)

Here's some simple variations:

        Toolbars & Menubars  <== (for the proper)
        *bars <== (for the imaginative)
	class allbars : public menubars, public toolbars <== (for C++ hackers)
	Toolbars && Menubars <== (for Perl hackers)
        Toolbars U Menubars <==- (for mathematicians)
        [Menu|Tool]bars <== (for regex lovers)

        Menu
             \
              --bars    <== (for diagram lovers)
             /
        Tool

        METAbars  <== (for XML junkies)
        Bars and Menus  <== (for the wicked)

Hmmm, maybe we can make the heading configurable . . . .

Ciao,

Andreas