List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Icon loading (Was: App start is too slow)
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-04-26 19:37:12

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> According to my strace log, reading the image itself takes between 2 and 5ms.
> (5ms for the first one) It loads 11 images, but it load 2 images three times
> in a row.

Yes, this is for the default/active/disabled state for toolbar icons.
Currently, only the pixmaps with the effects applied are cached. This means
that the original image has to be loaded when another effect (state) is
wanted. I can cache the original image, making this faster, but also more
memory will be used.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>