List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: App start is too slow (looooong)
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-04-26 19:28:30

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > It might be a good idea to measure and discuss certain alternatives
before > > something gets implemented. Current Iconloader doesn't seem to
be that > > fast.

> Icon-loading is something which could be assisted by ksycoca:
> E.g. we could store lists of all available icons in ksycoca with some smart
> indices so that when a request for an icon comes in, we can load directly the
> correct one instead of searching the filesystem for it.

Yes, this would be cool.

It won't fix the slow loading problem, though. My measurements show that
icon loading is not the culprit.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>