List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PLEASE use kdialog's margin and spacing hints!
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       2000-04-21 22:55:09

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, pbrown@redhat.com wrote:
> Hey everyone:
>
> I've been working on cleanups and documentation today, and I noticed that
> EVERYONE uses their own choices for margins and spacing in QLayouts.  This
> is really bad and inconsistent looking for the user. Please use
> KDialog::marginHint() and KDialog::spacingHint() static functions instead,
> so all layouts are nice and similar.

well, to make you a bit more happy. EVERY dialog I have touched (and that is not
few) use those values :) It was alot worse in KDE 1.x. When you say everybody,
do you refer to dialogs in the libs (which one), or in apps?

and yes, If one use KDialogBase for new dialogs, the outer spacing (margin)
and the spacing between action buttons will use the correct values
automatically.

--
Espen Sand