List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Binary incompatible changes on the way
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-19 11:18:49

I'm going to be making the following changes, most of which will be bin
incompatible:

a) KStyle is getting new methods for styling the Kicker panel (stubs
currently).

b) The B2/KDE widget style is being integrated and the "B2" is being
dropped from the name. This will be allocated as the default style vs.
the current of Platinum. New features I would like to include are
auto-highlighting of buttons when the mouse is over them but I haven't
tested that yet, bugfixes I need to do is the small size scrollbar
issue. I hope to have both of these done today. The highcolor B2 will
remain a plugin.

c) PillBox and ColdIons will be disabled. They need serious work and I
really want to get both other widget styles, KWin styles, and the new
theme engine improved and working first.

d) Style config has changed and includes specification for both a low
and highcolor plugin for a specific style and widget wallpaper items.

e) The new widget KControl page I discussed needs to be committed.

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org