List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror crash
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-17 13:01:33

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 06:56:43PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> Yes, I've been hitting that one too, since we upgraded to Qt 2.1 final :(
>
> The bug seems to be either in Qt (the QLayout code) or in KTMLayout.
> The relevant konqueror code hasn't changed, and commenting out the dummy widget
> in konq_viewmgr.cc's constructor fixes it - but since KOffice uses the same
> 'dummy' widget and works fine, it should work in konqy too.
>
> Can someone with knowledge about KTMW's layout code have a look ?
>
> I tried to look into it, but can't see what's wrong.

That's strange. Looks like mainItem is corrupted and
mainItem->setGeometry gets resolved to a wrong address. But I'm not
sure that gdb is not fooling around with me. Unfortunately I have another
meeting soon. I'll let you know if I found something.

Chris

--
KDE 'Color Outside the Lines'
http://www.kde.org