List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Link errors in kdebase?
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-04-14 14:28:37

Jacek Stolarczyk wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Richard Moore wrote:
> >I can't get kdebase to build, libkonq keeps giving me loads of linker
> >errors. I've tried removing *.o *.lo *.la *.so .libs *.moc and rerun
> >Makefile.cvs, configure etc. but it didn't help. Is anyone else seeing
> >this? (all checked out last night).
> >
> Yes, I experienced the same yesterday which I reported to kde-devel.
> David Faure pointed me that I haven't relinked kde-qt-addon. Then I've
> done:
> make cvs-clean
> "cvs update"
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> ./configure --prefix=/home/opt/kde2 --with-qt-dir=/home/opt/qt2
> make
> make install
>
> in kde-qt-addon, kdelibs and kdebase but kdebase/libkonq still failed
> to link. I've sent a response to kde-devel but oddly enough the mail
> did not get through (at least I haven't received a copy). My sendmail
> logs show that it was accepted by kde-devel mailserver.
>
> Two things that may be the cause of kdebase errors (in the light of
> recent -rpath changes):
> -  KDEDIR points to kde1 location (/home/opt/kde)

Yeah, my KDEDIR was pointing to /opt/kde. I guess I can't just use
--prefix anymore. I'll see what happens when I point it to kde2.

> -  QTDIR is not set

I used --with-qt-dir so this shouldn't be a problem.

> -  LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set

Both kde 1.x and 2.x are in ld.so.conf so this shouldn't be needed.

> But all that worked last time I compiled kde2 (about a week ago)

Yeah it was fine for me until yesterday, but it has been a while
since I updated.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk