List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: cookies or redirection?
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-04-13 12:23:54

Lars Knoll wrote:

> In the end, who needs cookies on images anyway, except for advertising
> purposes? I don't know how good that would work on some servers, but maybe
> another possibility is to disallow cookies completely on images.

There is a potential problem here - if you are using servlets to create
dynamic images then you need to be able to read any cookies present in
order to map the request to a user's session. This doesn't stop us
disallowing cookies for images stored in a different domain to the
page containing them however.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk