List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: linking error
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-04-12 15:26:14

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, David Faure wrote:

> Just got the same in kdeadmin...
> Michael/Stephan: it seems -R doesn't do what -rpath did...
> or the new libtool is broken.

I just tested by handpatching -R into -rpath in the Makefile, and the same
error occurs. So in this respect -R and -rpath do the same ;)

I guess that your libkdecore is build with the old libtool?

*testingworkingtestinghacking*

In fact I just tested to build kdecore with the new libtool (just
relinked), installed that, and then I could compile kdeadmin/kcron.
(All with -R).

So: relink all libraries with the new libtool.

> > > -fno-builtin -frtti -s -o .libs/libkoml.la.closure libkoml_la_closure.lo
> > > komlParser.lo komlFeed.lo komlFileFeed.lo komlWriter.lo komlStreamFeed.lo
> > > torben.lo komlMime.lo  -L/opt/kde/lib /opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.so
> > > -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/kde/lib
> > > /opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `dlerror'
> > > /opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `dlclose'
> > > /opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `dlopen'
> > > /opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > > make[3]: *** [libkoml.la.closure] Error 1

Ciao,
Michael.