List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kwin buttons miscolored
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-04-12 5:36:31

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, mosfet wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 06:20:59PM -0500, mosfet wrote:
> > > Set the color scheme entries for the title bar buttons.
> >
> > Indeed, that helps.
> > But it seems "Inactive title button" is used for all windows, even
> > the active one...
>
> Inconsitent naming. I need entries in there for active/inactive tile
> buttons and pressed/unpressed title buttons. There are even more complex
> issues - for example styles that have grooves and bevels in the titlebar
> like System can be configured differently than ones that have a solid
> background like KDE standard and KStep. This is so people doing color
> schemes can make colors that look good in both styles (usually what
> looks good in one doesn't look good in another - try System with a blue
> titlebar color ;-)

Isn't this a situation where it would be possible to calculate the proper
color?  We have (had?) the contrast setting, so you can say: title blue,
lighter by 30%, gives the bevel color (or whatever).

IMO it is sometimes better to calculate some colors then to make every
single color configurable.

Kind regards,
Stefan