List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Minor but binary incompatible kdelibs change
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-04-08 11:23:36

mosfet wrote:

> Rik Hemsley wrote:
> >
> > Are you talking something like a parameter bool macStyle ?
> > If so, could it please be an enum, so we can add further menu styles
> > in the future ?
>
> Like what? I'm not going to create an enum with one item and all other
> possible menu styles I can think of should be part of the style itself,
> not handled by KMenuBar.

I think Rik was thinking that perhaps someday we'll need something like
having the menu always on the bottom of the screen (for example), and
then it would be simpler to extend the enum than adding another method.

This is something that the styles can manage, but is not style-specific.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
antlarr@arrakis.es        larrosa@kde.org