List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KURL patch [Please test]
From:       Dawit A <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-04-08 4:45:56

Hello,

I have attached below a KURL patch to fix issues listed below.  Before I commit
though I need feedback as well as some testing from anyone as KURL is a
critical class and kdelibs is frozen.

Patch content:

1.) Remove all the hack done to support invalid forms of the smb protocol.
See discussion here: .  BTW, adding support for this in the shortURI filter is
what caused this bug to show up for me.  This change should NOT break binary
compatiablity as the removed function was a non-member static function used
only in KURL itself.

2.) ****IMPORTANT**** KURL now correctly parses the the format "<scheme>:" (
example "mailto:" ) as an INVALID URL.  If anyone thinks this should be
otherwise please speak up now.  Note however that such a format is illegal
according to RFC 2396.  This change should also have little to no effect on
applications and has NO binary incomparability issue.

Regards,
Dawit A.

["kurl.tgz" (application/x-gzip)]