List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Arts occupies sound device
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-04-07 13:16:37

Hi

I just fought with my real player, because it didnīt want to play any
videos anymore. In the end I found that artsd somehow blocks the sound
device and the real player canīt use it anymore. Killing artsd made it
work again.
Is there a chance that artsd could only occupy the device if really
needed? Or even better that it can share the sound device with legacy
apps?
IMO we have to find some way around here, as we canīt expect apps like
the real player to become arts aware.

Greets

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology

"Beware the woods at night, beware the lunar light!"