List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    [Fwd: Re: GIF write support]
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-06 9:52:58

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: GIF write support
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:18:39 +0200
From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@trolltech.com>
To: kde-core-devel@kde.org

I'd rather not go into detail, the details are so unpleasant, but I
can assure you that the threat is real.

And it's not just about writing. The Unisys patent probably also
covers reading. That it covers just writing is a myth, perpetuated on
usenet by nonlawyers, and with no authoritative source that I could
find.

I do not read this mailing list; please cc me on any replies.

--Arnt