List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    GIF write support
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-05 23:25:24

Hi all,

I'm sure this is going to be a controversial subject but we really need
to have GIF write support if we are going to have apps like Pixie and
KImageShop taken seriously by web developers and such. Since Pixie
especially is aimed at these people I feel it is essential that I
support it... I know of the legal issues involved with GIF but I also
know it's something my users are going to need...

We have the code, it's just not used. If it's going to remain unused I
would *very much* like to add the QImageIO code to pixie itself, but
think I should ask first because it is a CVS application and as such
part of the KDE project as a whole.

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org