List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Resent: kmedia -> kaiman
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2000-04-04 17:34:27

From stefan@space.twc.de Tue Apr  4 15:09:09 2000
   Hi!

As the mediatool library exists no longer, the code in
kdemultimedia/kmedia
would no longer work without severe modifications. Christians new
skin-based
media player kaiman, which is in the KDE cvs since quite some time now,
was
planned to replace kmedia as "official" KDE2.0 anyway.

Its code bases on aRts with the KMedia2 PlayObjects already. So I thought
now would be a good point in time to remove kmedia and declare kaiman to
be the official successor ;) - so kmedia is no longer in the CVS now.

If somebody feels like having a non-skin-based media player would be a
good idea, you can take the latest kmedia code and port it to KMedia2
PlayObjects. But I think having a working kaiman with nice skins will be
enough.

   Cu... Stefan