List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Does not work? [Re: IconList icons]
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-04-02 10:29:18

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Torsten Rahn wrote:
> >
> > > When I do:
> > > KGlobal::instance()->iconLoader()->loadIcon( "misc" ) );
> > > KIconloader prints:
> > > iconloader (kdelibs): Application kmail requests to load legacy icon misc of size 32
> > > iconloader (kdelibs): Icon resolved to /opt/kde2/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/mimetypes/misc.png
> > >
> > > Well, I dont wan't the "mimetype/misc.png" but  "actions/misc.png". What can I
> > > tell to KIconLoader::loadIcon() to get the correct pixmap?
> > >
> > > To me it seems that iconPath2() can't deal with this.
> >
> > Hmm, yes -- icons shouldn't share the same filename.
> > Somebody will have to rename one of these.
> > You can't have apps with the same filename being
> > in directories which are mentioned in PATH working properly
> > either :-)
> >
> That's what namespaces == directories are for. I can have two apps
> in $PATH - I even have. Under Solaris I have almost all tools
> overwritten
> by GNU tools and I prefer the GNU ones most of the time. But when I want
> to use the Solaris tools, I can in passing the path. Can KIconLoader do
> that? It would be a pitty, if it wouldn't understand action/misc

I doesn't understand "action/misc". I don't think it's a big loss. The
iconloader already has 3 namespaces, (global themes, application specific
themes, application specific directory) IMHO this is enough.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>
    Phylosopher, Physicist,                    email: <jansen at kde.org>