List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] faster Makefile.in -> Makefile translation
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-02 9:40:32

Michael Matz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Well, I wanted to do this since ages - be asured. A KDE_OUTPUT is no
>
> Yes, it was really annoying ;)
>
> > problem, we already abstract from pure automake/autoconf syntax enough
> > ;)
>
> Hehe. Only problem I see is, that I had nearly to copy the whole AC_OUTPUT
> and AC_OUTPUT_FILES functions from autoconf. For what I wanted to do, it
> isn't modular enough. So if a new autoconf version springs into existence
> I have to review these functions.

That's the problem left. acinclude.m4.in is currently licensed LGPL, so
we
can't simply put autoconf macros there. We could think of relicensing,
but
I first want to work on different solutions to get our KDE_OUTPUT
working.
After all _requiring_ perl isn't that a bad option - the FSF doesn't
want
to require perl as it's not their code, but that doesn't need to hinder
KDE.

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.