Hi! On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 03:13:22PM +0200, Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote: > > I also tried arts, was annoyed by the lack of documentation (on how to > > use it in our Kde environment), and the inability of playing wav files. > > Yes, there should be at least a chapter in KDE2PORTING to > explain how to make the old games work with the new > architecture... ;) There is now. KAudio -> KAudioPlayer. For old (or new?) non-KDE-games like quake (and other apps like xmms), the solution would be a C Api, which experimentally exists, but needs to be finalized. About documentation: I've written a chapter in the Macmillan KDE2 Development book, so something should be on the web in the near future (as its an open license). There is also the kdelibs/arts/doc directory. However I know its a bit incomplete, and specifically the part "how do KDE and aRts interact" or "how should KDE and aRts interact" or "do we need more special purpose wrapping classes like KAudioPlayer" needs work. Cu... Stefan -- -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan@space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany KDE Developer, project infos at http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde *-