List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Alex Z hits again !
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-03-31 9:43:57

>Alex ! Since when do you disable stuff without
>1 - a meaningful log message ("oh yeah" doesn't really help)

Hmm.  Since everyone else does it?  Please, I'm the wrong person to talk to
about informative log messages, in fact I've piped up nearly everytime I
see an empty or useless messages and yes, I'd like to see people use commit
-F if they can come up with a better description after the fact.  And oh
yes, I'm glad you found use for cvs diff (since changing two lines makes
for such a large diff I know it can be imposing).

>2 - a mail to the mailing-lists to discuss the subject
>and explain why you disabled it, what problems you have with it,
>what possible solutions there are ?

Actually, this was done.  No, I didn't feel like a discussion, because that
rarely accomplishes anything here, and besides the code was horridly
hackish, and its breakage was not just a FreeBSD thing, it was gcc 2.95.x
being more stringent about code that it accepts.

>Doing this doesn't help anybody.

Yes, actually it helps me and anyone else using a newer version of gcc.
The changes I made were minimal, and really didn't disable any important
code.  Yes a crash handler is a nice idea, if it doesn't make broad
assumptions and do blasphemous things with function pointers.

- alex