List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Settings/Desktop crowded - Proposal
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-31 13:27:14

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 08:51:50AM -0500, Lotzi Boloni wrote:
> > >   I have to say that I am very impressed by the new kcontrol, especially
> > > with the search feature. Since it was introduced it is the only way I am
> > > using it. The icon navigation is nice but it is harder to use than the
> > > original tree icon (easier to get lost in the hierarchy).
> >
> > Hi Lotzi,
> >
> > you surely noticed that you can switch to the tree view by
> > using the "View" menu :-)
>
>   No, I did not notice it... shame on me... it is hard with these
> beginners. :-) Cool.

Perhaps the default mode should be the treeview ?

I definitely find the tree view easier to use.
(although I don't like that it closes the open branches
when I open another one, dunno if it's intentionnal)

The iconview makes it harder to look for something.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org