List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Settings/Desktop crowded
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-03-30 17:28:29

Rik Hemsley wrote:

> The current structure is organised in a way that is more logical for
> developers, who know the way KDE is designed.
>
> I have had a think about the entire tree structure and tried to
> organise it more logically from the user's point of view.
>
> I'd like comments on this as I think it's quite important that we
> change the structure before KDE 2. If everyone disagrees, then
> fair enough, I'll just shut up :)

[snip, proposed tree structure]

Your proposal sounds nice to me. It's sure a hell of a lot better than what
we have now. I agree that we need something better before KDE2.

I like the toplevel entries for "Browsing" and "Email" which are IMHO very
important in our Internet era.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>