List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: XML and internationalization question
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-30 10:52:32

Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if David Faure
> > This is a very strange comment. Why define a completely new action,
> > if you _just_ want to change the text ? At least all the rest
> > (icon, accel, name...) is consistent. If you define a new one,
> > it will be even more inconsistent. Changing a text can happen
> > if in this particular application, the standard action needs
> > a slightly different label. Still, the icon, accel, etc. are still valid.
>
> Um, but the thing I most associate with an action is its name as displayed
> in menus. If you change 'Open' to 'Load', things start getting confusing.

Well, but if you change "New" into "New Game" in a game, it makes things
easier
for the user - especially if the same icon is used. Now I wonder how an
icon
looks like that fits for both ... anyway - take my example as Open vs
Open Game

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.