List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: XML and internationalization question
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-29 23:42:20

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 12:13:23AM +0100, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Emily Ezust
> > Let's say I want to create a KStdAction but I want to change the visible
> > text. In my rc file I would have this:
> [...]
>
> Um, the whole point of the standard actions is that they are fixed,
> so that the user gets a consistent interface. If you want to provide
> a custom version, I think you should create your own.

This is a very strange comment. Why define a completely new action,
if you _just_ want to change the text ? At least all the rest
(icon, accel, name...) is consistent. If you define a new one,
it will be even more inconsistent. Changing a text can happen
if in this particular application, the standard action needs
a slightly different label. Still, the icon, accel, etc. are still valid.

http://home.clara.net/faure/