List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    More KActions...
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-03-28 13:23:11

Should KAction have virtual members void setChecked(bool)  and bool checked()

Look at this:
   actionCollection()->action("show_all_fields")->setChecked(true);

I get compiler error about no method setChecked in KAction.
actionCollection::action(...)  returns "KAction *".  I know that this is really
KToggleAction. But compiler doesnīt and I have to use cast, which I donīt like.

so
   virtual void setChecked(bool);
   virtual bool checked();
in kaction.h, and

   void KAction::setChecked(bool)  {};
   bool KAction::checked()  {return false;};
in kaction.cpp would help.
What do you think?
--
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org