List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: KActions...
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-03-28 12:50:41

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>
>> I don't know, but perhaps the solution here is to use the
>> getToolButtonId() method in kaction.cpp for both cases, when plugging an
>> action into a QPopupMenu and when plugging into a KToolBar.
>
>Sorry for replying to my on posting, but I just realized that it doesn't
>work. We can only specify ids >=0 for menu items (<0 will result in a
>get_seq_id() call) . And ids >=0 are likely to become duplicate when
>people mix "manual" insertItem calls and plug()'s on a popupmenu.

Why not use names instead of IDīs? When you want to do something with kaction
you have to do (from KTMainWindow):
actionCollection()->action("name_of_action")->setEnabled(bla);

So KAction could emit signal internalActivated(KAction *k):

void KAction::slotActivated()
{
  emit activated();
+  emit internalActivated(this);
}

KActionCollection is connected to internalActivated and emits
"signal activated (const *char name)"
slotInternalActivated(KAction *ka)

{
  emit activated(ka->name())