List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdegraphics/pixie
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-26 22:45:24

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 09:59:48PM +0200, Geert Jansen wrote:
> Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Geert Jansen wrote:
> >
> > > Kurt, you're mixing the concept Group and Size. It's twisted but Small is
> > > actually a _group_. What group does the second line have? User of Small?
> >
> > Call it something else. Like "Menus" or "Lists" or "Menus and Lists".
> > Small is not only confusing, but wrong IMHO.
> >

> > > For User type icons, the iconloader cannot know what size of icon the
> > > API user wants. If there are multiple variants of an icon there (implied
> > > by the mini- prefix), the developer should load them with their different
> > > names.
> > >

> > Huh? This is wrong, isn't it? Where goes then our will to make globally
> > configurable the kind of icons whole KDE uses? Does this mean one will
> > have to put hooks and selectors in each and every icon loading in apps and
> > trap desktop selections/changes of icon categories?
>
> Ahem, am I so unclear? ...
>
> No, this is right. You should only use UserIcon() if you have an
> application specific pixmap of which you have only one version. If you have
> multiple versions, install them under share/icons/,
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm trying to fix koffice toolbar icons.
The icons are, in the sources, in koffice/pics/toolbar and used to install
themselves in $(kde_datadir)/koffice/toolbar - BTW, I guess the resource
"toolbar" for KStdDirs should disappear no ? - Anyway.
I've tried to have those icons install themselves into

$(kde_datadir)/koffice/icons/locolor/16x16/actions/

and to add
 KGlobal::dirs()->addResourceType("icons", KStandardDirs::kde_default("data") + "/koffice/icons/");

(since the source seem to say that the resources icons is the one used).
No luck.

Do I need to add an index.desktop in $(kde_datadir)/koffice/icons ?
Or should those simply install into the normal share/icons ?

http://home.clara.net/faure/
See http://www.kde.org/kde1-and-kde2.txt for how to set up KDE 2