List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdegraphics/pixie
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-26 19:30:35

Geert Jansen wrote:
> > > Changes:
> > > * BarIcon => UserIcon (in the case of application specific icons)
> >
> > Ah - so User is for icons installed by the app ?
> >
> > Docu really missing ! ;-)
>
> Yes, correct. It seaches share/apps/$app_name/{toolbar,pics}
>
> Beware that there's no processing done on them. If you have
> an icon mini-fiets.png and large-fiets.png, you have to load the by
> "mini-fiets" and "large-fiets", instead of by "fiets" and let the
> iconloader decide.

This, IMO, is wrong behavior.  I would expect that I could do either
of the following and they would work:

1) Get share/apps/<app>/pics/mini-me.png with the following:

   iconLoader()->iconPath( "me", KIcon::Small ) (for the path)
   or
   UserIcon( "me", KIcon::Small ) (for the actual pixmap)

2) Get share/apps/<app>/pics/me.png with the following:

   iconLoader()->iconPath( "me" ) (for the path)
   or
   UserIcon( "me" ) (for the actual pixmap)

That is part of what I was talking about last week when I said that
the new icon loader should be *very* aggresive about finding the right
icon.  Forcing the developer to append the mini- is extra work that
kiconloader should be doing.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix