List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KIconLoader status
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-03-24 11:09:33

Hi!

I finished the iconloader implementing the new icon scheme. Now what shall
we do?

If we decide to use it, there's a lot to be done. I certainly cannot do
that all by myself. David already kindly offered to help.

* am_edit needs to be changed in order to handle the new share/icons
hierarchy.

* All the KDE sources need to be looked over. Because the new scheme loads
icons by "Group" instead of by size, you need to decide for every
loadIcon() to what group the icon belongs. Mechanically changing the
sources is not really possible, you have to understand where the icons are
gonna be used... :(

* A control module is to be written.

I put the iconloader + updated specs on

  ftp.stack.nl/pub/users/geertj/iconloader.tar.gz

so that you can check out for yourself if you think we should go on with
this at the current time. Awaiting your opinions..

Greetings,
  --
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>
    Phylosopher, Physicist,                    email: <jansen at kde.org>