List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Just for fun: Occam Style
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-24 8:51:19

Matthias Elter wrote:

> mosfet wrote:
> >
> > Sven Radej wrote:

> > > No, please I said nothing about "web/ftp site" and "cvs module" is quite
> > > different from "optional cvs module" :-)
> > >

> > Well, ever since the beginning I intended to have another module for
> > extra themes, styles, etc... My intent was to have only original themes
> > and styles that function correctly and are under a certain size in
> > kdelibs (for kstyles) and kdebase (for kwin). All other stuff should go
> > in another module IMHO.
> >
> > As far as if it's optional or not, all styles except one are optional
> > really ;-) We can distribute the module and resulting tarballs under
> > something like kde-styleaddons and let the user decide if it's optional
> > or not :)
>
> Perhaps the styles are a good start for a kmedia module Torsten was
> proposing
> some time ago. kmedia should then hold additional styles,themes,sounds
> and wallpapers.

Yes, this is what we should do IMHO. We still should hold a few styles
and themes in the main packages, but only a couple that match the above
criteria. It's still not really a big problem but will become one
eventually.

http://www.mosfet.org - The place for KDE development news.
mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org