List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWin repaint wackyness
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-03-22 13:43:38

Am Die, 21 Mär 2000 schrieb Torsten Rahn:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
>
> One addition:
> kwin doesn't work well with Gimp correctly: Creating
> multiple Selections using the Shift-key doesn't work at all.
> I have to start kwm instead if I want to make use of this
> feature :-(

That's a gimp bug, I'm not really willing to add a workaround for it in kwin
(for the curious: a passive grab results in an XFocusOut event with
mode=NotifyGrab that gets missinterpreted by the GIMP, they treat it as if it
had mode=NotifyNormal). Olaf Kylander got a patch from me,  that means future
versions of the GIMP will work just fine.

> > > * Sometimes a window moves with you when you activate a new desktop - often
> > > XEmacs (less important).
> > I've seen that one, yes. Something's wrong with kwin's configureEvent handling.
> > Can easily be fixed without touching Qt, so it's not too critical right now.
>
> happens here, too ...

it's fixed now.

Matthias