List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWin repaint wackyness
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-21 0:59:37

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 06:43:15PM -0600, mosfet wrote:
> "Dirk A. Mueller" wrote:
> >
> > On Sam, 18 Mär 2000, mosfet wrote:
> >
> > > am thinking perhaps it's a Qt bug. Any ideas?
> >
> > it's probably a qt bug. it appeared after lars updated a few widgets in the
> > qt-copy. it doesn't happen with the original qt 2.1 beta.
> >
> > I hope there will be a beta 3 were we can recheck all outstanding issues.
> >
> > Dirk
>
> I got a mail from Matthias Ettrich and he said it's fine with his beta3
> and that it will be released shortly.

Ah - what about all the other kwin/qt bugs ?

* Windows jumping around when being resized
* QApplication::desktop() changing size over time - try Alt+F2, does it
appear centered ? Now go to an empty dekstop, maximize a konsole, Alt+F2
is centered again...
* Sometimes a window moves with you when you activate a new desktop - often
XEmacs (less important).

I don't know whether to blame KWin or Qt for those, so I can't
report them to qt-bugs.
Any ideas on those ?

http://home.clara.net/faure/
See ftp://mandrakesoft.com/pub/david/kde1-and-kde2.txt to set up KDE 2