I'll try to help, I need to get more up to speed on this stuff anyhow. Rich. Lars Knoll wrote: > > Hi there, > > I'm currently a bit short of time, because I'll have to finish my thesis > in the next 5 weeks, and there are a few essential features in khtml > missing. > > I'm shortly going to list them here, and hope we'll find someone who is > interested in implementing them. > > Apart from general bugfixes, the most needed features are: > > * text selection. > > I started some work on it, but the stuff is not very well thought > through. text selection needs some support in the rendering tree, and I'm > at the moment a bit clueless on how to implement that best. Antti, do you > have any idea? > > * printing support > > We will need to be able to pipe some html page to the printer. I'm not > sure, how printing support is handled in konqueror, but we will need some > support for that in khtml too. What one should do for that is construct a > second rendering tree with metrics according to the printers layout, and > find the right points for page breaks. Then I think most can be done by > just painting the page to a QPainter. It would be great, if we could get > support for printer specific CSS stuff, but that can wait until later. > > * keyboard navigation > > This is probably easier to implement, but it'll need some work too. Two > things are quite important IMO: to be able to navigate through links by > keyboard, and be able to fill out forms completely by keyboard. > > * make the setXXX methods in khtml_part work. > > Most important ones are here: setUserStyleSheet, setFontSizes. These > shouldn't be too hard to implement. > > Some more internal things: > > * better CSS support, especially concerning box layouting (margins, > borders, relative and absolute positioning). The CSS test suite on > www.w3.org shows the problems quite nicely. If someone want's to help > with these things, he should coordinate your work with Antti, as Antti's > doing quite a lot of work in this area. > > * we need some nice method, which automatically get's called after every > change in the DOM tree, and does a relayout/repaint of the parts of the > document that changed due to the changes in the DOM tree. This will be > needed to make our jscript engine really useful. > > I'm sure there are lots of other small changes I forgot, but these are the > biggest ones, and as I will have almost no time until end of April, I at > least wanted to post the missing things here, and I just hope some people > will find one of these topics a nice task to implement. > > I'll be always available in case someone has questions on khtml, but > expect my commits to go down to almost zero in the next 1 1/2 months. > > Lars -- Richard Moore rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk http://www.robocast.com/ richard@robocast.com http://developer.kde.org/ rich@kde.org