List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: QDom trouble
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       2000-03-18 6:27:44

David Faure wrote:

> The fix sounds right - except if an empty doc is supposed to be
> empty (no private stuff) until it gets assigned something later on.

That was what I thought, too.

> Is the private thingy created in any other place ?

No. (better: I couldn't find it :)

> > As I don't know all the code I'm just guessing, but this
> > seems to be correct (because the "symptoms" of the bug
> > suggest this :)
> Does it fix it ?

Partly. The document contains all the XML after the filter
method (i.e. fix :), but the <!DOCTYPE> tag remains empty.
This would be no problem, but KSpread doesn't like that kind
of documents (Could not open...).

> > Any troll out there? Reggie? Torben?
> Torben answered my requests about QDom so you could give it a go ;-)

Isn't he listening? Will write a private mail.

BTW: What about qk - are we allowed to change stuff (i.e. add a method
to the interface,...), or is this troll-only code?

Werner