List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: www.granroth.org == KWord doc?
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-03-18 2:30:47

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Graham TerMarsch wrote:

> Think its going to be a case of having to facilitate some fudginess
> around the HTTP spec in order to deal with servers (or server-side apps)
> that don't adhere to the spec themselves.  I'd vote for "If you see a
> 'Location' redirection header that you could safely ignore any
> content-type or document body that you receive".

Moreover, I think that the server isn't actually sending any data with the
redirection.  Konqy IMO, should just ignore such zero length content.
And, actually a content-type header is somewhat required as is a body,
unless you're sending one of the "No Content" HTTP responses.

- alex

   The average Slashdotter seems genuinely to think that the entire 'Net
   could be run on beige x86 boxes running Linux.