On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Geert Jansen wrote: > Cristian Tibirna wrote: > > > arts: > > - takes 16% of my processor and does absolutely nothing (doesn't play, > > doesn't issue errors, nothing) > > It's mixing 0 streams :-) It would be nice if Stefan could idle artsd when > there are no connections. And give up the sound device would be nice too! AFAIK Stefan is working onidle detection. On the other hand I do not think that giving up the device is a good idea because it leads to undeterminitic behaviour for the user. Much better is if distributors make use of the legacy support of arts. (artscat) Yours, -- martin // Martin Konold, Stauffenbergstr. 107, 72074 Tuebingen, Germany // KDE: The most advanced GUI for a reliable OS.