List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Suspected KParts problem update
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-16 10:35:56

You guys awake yet? The suspected KParts bug (Konqueror and KMail crashing on
exit) is still open right?

Well it's 'caused' by the "delete (QWidget *)m_widget;" statement in
kparts/part.cpp

Part::~Part()
{
  if ( m_widget )
  {
    // We need to disconnect first, to avoid calling it !
    disconnect( m_widget, SIGNAL( destroyed() ),
                this, SLOT( slotWidgetDestroyed() ) );
    kdDebug(1000) << "deleting widget " << m_widget->name() << endl;
        delete (QWidget *)m_widget; // <<<< sanders - I'm guilty!! <<<<<<
  }

  delete d;
}

Even without this delete statement m_widget is still deleted. But with it
m_widget is attempted to be deleted twice. (Without the delete statement both
KMail and Konqueror exit normally that is they don't segfault)

So this is very similar to the recent KStatusBar problem. I have reported
that problem to Troll Tech so hopefully it will fix this KParts (or really
QT) bug too.

BFN,
Don.