List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: stopping the kicker buttons moving
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-03-12 18:26:18

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Matthias Elter wrote:

> Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Is there a reason why kicker buttons with inMove()==true don't stop moving
> > on mouseReleaseEvent()? As it is now, user has to release the button and
> > the click again to stop the button move.
>
> I thought it was easier to not have to hold down the mouse when moving
> buttons
> but I can change this or make it configurable.

Well, a fully fledged mix of the two can do the job too:

1.  user presses the MMB on a kicker button
2.  if:
2a.   user releases immediatly (or without moving the button)
2b      then start a moveme()
3.  else if:
3a.   user moves the mouse with MMB pressed
3b.     then start a moveme()
.
. (moveme() and others)
.
4.  user releases the MMB (either because he didn't release it since the
	last press or because he moved the widget with the mouse released
	then when finished (s)he pressed the mouse again to stop the move
5.  button is out of moveme()

Of course, releasing the mouse outside the widget annulates the press
event (i.e. doesn't start moveme() if not started yet, doesn't stop it if
already started).

 Could this work? If you want I can try myself at it.

Cristian