List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs feature freeze?
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-03-10 15:04:11

On Wed, 08 Mar 2000, Sven Radej wrote:
>On Wed, 08 Mar 2000, David Faure wrote:
>>On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 09:38:23AM +1100, Don Sanders wrote:
>(... abour statubar ...)
>>Sounds like a good idea.
>>Did you just volunteer ? :-)
>I volunteer for that (if itīs alright with others). At least it was my idea
>for a looong, long time...

Ok, thisnis what I intend to do about KStatusBar:
First, it will inherit QStatusBar
Of old interface Iīd like to keep only

  insertItem ( const QString& text, int id )
  removeItem (int id)
  changeItem ( const QString& text, int id )
  and slots
    pressed(int id) and released (int id)

  since these were the most used methods so porting effort should be minimal.
For everything else use QStatusbar api (addWidget, ...)

 [insert|remove|change]Item is used only for handling text elements which can
be mouse sensitive (thatīs why we need an id). Those items can be either
"normal" (left aligned, hidden if temporary message comes) or permanent (right
aligned, never hidden - See Qt docs about QStatusBar for meaning of "normal",
"permanent" or "temporary")

Comments?
 --
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org