Don Sanders wrote: > > Before the KIO merge I could use kioslaves (say by using kioslavetest or > whatever) from kdelibs/kdebase in the HEAD branch while running KDE 1.1. I > did have to run dcopserver and kded manually first but it definitely worked. > > Does that make sense? I used KDE 1.1 as my desktop and ran a few HEAD branch > apps from within it. > > It doesn't work since the KIO merge, this makes it much harder to for me to > get work done. Is there any possibility of getting this to work again? > Well, I developed that stuff under fvwm95, so it definitly works. You just have to start kioslave - which is now part of kdeinit afaik - so just start kdeinit instead of dcopserver. Greetings, Stephan -- It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it GeorgeH on /.