List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: lib cleanip -- part III
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-08 20:29:12

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 12:59:47PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> The header files for kdecore should now be mostly clean.  I had a few
> action items:
>
> knana.h
> -------
> Mirko, are you going to remove this?

IIRC he said he would

> ksharedptr.h
> ------------
> This is very very ugly and it's not quite clear who own what in the
> code.  Is this Qt code renamed to K*?  Waldo, can you clear this up?

It is not Qt code renamed to K. It is real K code, written by Waldo,
and used in kio :
kio/kmimetype.h:  typedef KSharedPtr<KMimeType> Ptr;
kio/kservice.h:  typedef KSharedPtr<KService> Ptr;

You should removed the comment about QSharedPtr in the header -
that's about something that doesn't exist anymore.

This kind of code has to be ugly, there is nothing you can do
about it (redefines every operator).
It is documented - I don't see what the problem is.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org