List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: conceptual changes to toolbars
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-03-04 19:03:48

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 11:27:34AM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:

Hi,

> Okay... I could live with that.  Now how would you add new actions to
> a toolbar?  One that doesn't yet exist on a current toolbar, for
> instance?

drag them out of the menubar! The styleguide requires that every item in a
toolbar is also accessible from the menubar, so that should be no problem.

The K-Menu in kicker already offers dragging items onto the panel, and
it's a really nice feature.

BTW, as Qt now supports tearable menus, shouldn't we support that in a
global manner? I know not everyone likes them, but some do, and a global
option is in order, IMHO.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--