List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    qk in KDE 2.0 ?
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       2000-03-04 13:19:17

Hi !

The introduction of qk has very well served its purpose of buffering
changes between Qt CVS and our code. Now, that we are approaching a KDE
2.0 API freeze I would like to inquire the status of these files,
though.

Do I assume correctly that our copy of qiconview.* will vanish with Qt
2.1 (Reggie, thanks a lot for keeping it in sync btw) ? What about
QAction, QDom, QXML, QCanvas and QPolygonScanner ? When will they become
official part of libqt ?

I'm mainly asking since I think we can't ship kdelibs this way. We
advertize kdelibs to be LPGL'ed (or more liberal) to even attract
commercial use. Sure, the relevant authors from TT sort of give their
silent agreement to the current state. But would they consider to
dual-license the (current!) code in question to clear this issue ?

Harri.