List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: kdelibs/kio/slave
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-03-03 11:12:46

> [faure@saturn .libs]$ nm kioslaveS.o | grep preloa
> 00008c20 r lt_preloaded_symbols

Ah ah...
info binutils, nm, says :

If lowercase, the symbol is local; if uppercase, the symbol is global
(external).

But I'm not sure what that means exactly...

If I compile kioslaveS.c using gcc instead of g++,
*** kioslave links fine ***

and nm shows:
00000000 R lt_preloaded_symbols

Stephan, what is the right solution for this, then ?
Patching libtool (I couldn't find how to make it use a c compiler
instead of a C++ one in a portable way...) ?

I patched it locally to use gcc instead of $CC at line ~ 3475
(near "# Now compile the dynamic symbol file."), and it works fine.

David.