List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: conceptual changes to toolbars
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-03-03 3:06:50

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 11:22:40AM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:

Hiya,

> Perhaps we can restrict all text to a maximum of two words and stack
> them like so?
>
>   ---------------
>  |    Icon       |
>  | Persönliches  |
>  |  Verzeichnis  |
>  |_______________|

Good idea! BTW, I just saw that Netscape's "personal toolbar" (the
bookmarkbar) has different sized buttons...
Maybe that could become dependent on the available space - when there is
enough space, ok make all buttons the same size, otherwise try some other
optimization, like the above, or just shrink some buttons.

The configurable approach of course is the ultimately best solution.

> I'll put that on my (really really long) list of things to look at.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--