List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: conceptual changes to toolbars
From:       Torsten Rahn <supas121 () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       2000-03-02 17:16:26

Hi,

> > The second conceptual change came after studying other toolbars
> > (netscape, windows, macos) and I noticed two things: all buttons are
> > the same size and most buttons are square (equal width and height).
> > Those that aren't square have a wider width then height.  So now our
> > toolbar does that also.  HOWEVER, I'm sure that that isn't the
> > greatest idea for all toolbars, so right now, it only applies to the
> > "main" toolbar (those that use honor_mode)
> Hmhmhmmm, I'm afraid, this has to become configurable... I for one use

Yes, think of displays with 800x600 or even smaller! Users with
such displays don't want to have 32x32-icons! they want 20x20 or
even 16x16 for all toolbars!

So have a look at my proposal-thread on this list to see how it should
work from the users point of view:

http://www.kde.org/artist/specs/iconspecs2.html

"Main-Toolbar-Icon (being used in the toolbar when activated. One
activates Main-Toolbar-Icons by RMB on the toolbar and choosing
'Main-Toolbar')."

Greetings,
Torsten